Queensland Windmill and Solar have been supplying, installing, and maintaining a wide variety of pumping systems and windmills for the last 28 years.
Our initial Lorentz solar pump installations in 2003 were when they were a new product to the Australian market. Over the years, our owners Dale, Clay and Rhys Newman have become increasingly involved with Lorentz and solar water pumping, and our customers are now widely distributed throughout Australia. We have a strong commitment to the needs of rural Australia, and remote/renewable energy water pumping, and this is reflected in our maintained status as Lorentz-accredited Premier Sales and Service Partner.
The potential for solar pumps is huge, particularly for stock watering as an alternative to a windmill, and in remote power situations.
- They use free power from the sun, and get this power every single day of the year.
- They work at their peak in summer conditions when water requirements are usually the largest.
- Pumping does not stop simply because there is no wind, like what happens with a windmill.
- They have very low maintenance, which means there are minimal ongoing costs with their use.
- Submersible solar pumps are installed on either metric polypipe or Flexibore column – no more replacing lengths of steel pipe, or pulling bores just to replace pump buckets, or expensive windmill engine repairs or reconditioning.
- They are reliable and can be set to start and stop automatically by using a pressure switch at the controller and a double-acting tank float valve at your tank, or a wired float switch if tank is within 30m. This maintains full water storage.